- Meeting Details - A Singular Set of People
- “Come if convenient. If inconvenient, come all the same
NOTICE OF UPCOMING MEETING
• DATE: Monday, July 30, 2018
• TIME: Precisely at 7:00 p.m.
• PLACE: Houlihan's (Columbia/Elkridge)
• RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED.
• Please RSVP if you will attend by 12:00 noon, Sunday, July 29. Email Gasogene@outlook.com. Alternatively, if you use Facebook, you may RSVP on the FB page set up for this meeting. (Please pick one or the other; if you do both I end up counting you twice!)
• Note: The dinner price has been running around $25-$27. Please bring small bills to facilitate (cash) payment at the close of the meeting.
THE ADVENTURE DU JOUR
“The Red Headed League,” from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
• The proceedings will begin with a toast to “The Woman” by Lynne Stephens.
• No additional toasts on the docket, but email me if you want to give one. As has become our custom, there will be a topical toast proposed on the evening of the meeting.
THE EVENING TALK
Our presentation for the evening will be “To Tell the Truth,” given by Beth Austin, on interrogation techniques.
THE KILLER QUIZ
Okay, it won’t kill you, and you may even win a prize! Bring a pencil, pen, or quill and be ready to show quizmaster Lynne Stephens, along with your fellow Tin Boxers, what you know about the adventure.
If you have a bit of Sherlockian scholarship or entertainment you’d like to share with the group, please contact your friendly neighborhood Gasogene at Gasogene@outlook.com.
UPCOMING MEETING DATES AND STORIES:
- Monday, August 27th — “The Adventure of the Dying Detective”
- Monday, September 24th — “The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle”
- Monday, October 29th — The Valley of Fear – LONG STORY
- Monday, November 26th — “The Yellow Face”
MEETING LOCATION & DIRECTIONS
8240 Gateway Overlook Drive
Columbia/Elkridge, MD 21075
Across from Best Buy & Lowe’s off Route 175
• From Frederick and points north: Take U.S. 29 South toward Columbia/Washington, then MD-100 East via Exit 22. Take Exit 3 for Snowden River Parkway. Turn left at MD-108, then left onto Gateway Overlook Drive.
• From Washington and points south: Take I-95 North toward Baltimore/College Park. Merge onto MD-175 West/Waterloo Road via exit 41B toward Columbia. Take MD-108 ramp toward Ellicott City; turn slight right onto MD-108/Waterloo Road. Turn right onto Gateway Overlook Drive.
Can’t wait to see you all!
Gasogene XXIX, Watson’s Tin Box