- Meeting Details - A Singular Set of People
“Come if convenient. If inconvenient, come all the same.”
The next irregular gathering of Watson’s Tin Box of Ellicott City, MD, will be held to discuss topics both Canonical and Conanical. Dress is, as always, informal.
NOTICE OF UPCOMING MEETING
• DATE: Monday, March 26, 2018
• TIME: Precisely at 7:00 p.m.
• PLACE: Houlihan's (Columbia/Elkridge)
• RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED.
• Please RSVP if you will attend by 12:00 noon, Sunday, March 25. Email Gasogene@outlook.com. Alternatively, if you use Facebook, you may RSVP on the FB page set up for this meeting. (Please pick one or the other; if you do both I end up counting you twice!)
• Note: The dinner price has been running around $25-$27. Please bring small bills to facilitate (cash) payment at the close of the meeting.
THE ADVENTURE DU JOUR “A Scandal in Bohemia” from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
• The proceedings will begin with a toast to “The Woman” by Tom Fahres.
• No additional toasts on the docket, but email me if you want to give one. As has become our custom, there will be a topical toast proposed on the evening of the meeting.
THE EVENING TALK Our presentation for the evening will be given by Jacquelynn Morris, ASH, BSI, entitled “Tempest in a Teapot. or Why ‘High Tea’ Does Not Mean What You Think It Means.”
THE KILLER QUIZ Okay, it won’t kill you, and you may even win a prize! Bring a pencil, pen, or quill and be ready to show quizmaster Lynne Stephens, along with your fellow Tin Boxers, what you know about the adventure.
FUTURE OFFERINGS If you have a bit of Sherlockian scholarship or entertainment you’d like to share with the group, please contact your friendly neighborhood Gasogene at Gasogene@outlook.com.
UPCOMING MEETING DATES AND STORIES:
•Monday, April 23rd--The Man with the Twisted Lip
•Monday, May 21st--The Five Orange Pips
•Monday, June 25th--A Case of Identity
MEETING LOCATION & DIRECTIONS
8240 Gateway Overlook Drive
Columbia/Elkridge, MD 21075
Across from Best Buy & Lowe’s off Route 175
• From Frederick and points north: Take U.S. 29 South toward Columbia/Washington, then MD-100 East via Exit 22. Take Exit 3 for Snowden River Parkway. Turn left at MD-108, then left onto Gateway Overlook Drive.
• From Washington and points south: Take I-95 North toward Baltimore/College Park. Merge onto MD-175 West/Waterloo Road via exit 41B toward Columbia. Take MD-108 ramp toward Ellicott City; turn slight right onto MD-108/Waterloo Road. Turn right onto Gateway Overlook Drive.
Can’t wait to see you all!
Gasogene XXIX, Watson’s Tin Box